New to tfp for my hot tub

Hlk82

May 23, 2015
Amesville, ohio
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to do the tfp way for my hot tub. I started using it in my pool this summer and it's been working great. So, I'd like to try it with the hot tub, but I must admit after reading the above sticky I was pretty confused. So, any suggestions would be great. Since we got the hot tub we've had issues with what appears to be calcium deposits coating the bottom of the hot tub. It looks awful and is annoying and we've never gotten rid of it.

Here are my test numbers on a 300 gallon stand alone hot tub:

Ph: 8.2
FC and tc: 0
Ch: 50
Ta: 90

I didn't test cya as we have a covered hot tub and we never use it during the day. If I need to still test it, let me know and I will, but I'm going to assume it's 0 since we just filled our hot tub 2 weeks ago (yikes, didn't mean to go so long before adding chemicals but Life happened) and haven't added anything.

Also what are borates? I read about them in the above sticky and I'm not sure what they are or what to ask for if I go to the pool place.

Thanks so much for the help.

Got our new to us tub about 3 weeks ago. 325 gallons. First got TA in line. Then Borates and Ph since Borates will raise Ph. Poolmath made it easy. Trust it. Finally 6% bleach to 5 FC. Biggest difference from pool is much smaller quantity of chemical to get desired move in level. Did I say trust Poolmath ? [emoji3]. Now that it's balanced I add about 2 oz of bleach each nite after use, and maybe .5 oz of acid every couple of days as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.