Replace pump with...

Jul 1, 2014
Boston
I currently have a Hayward 3/4Hp super pump that is leaking from the bottom. I'm looking in to having it fixed but just in case I end up replacing it, I'm wondering if I should get the same exact one of different horse power.
The pool is 10,000 gallons. I have a pro grid 36 DE filter.
The 3/4HP does the job but I recently plumbed in a Hayward pool heater that I have yet to turn on so I don't know how the 3/4HP fairs with the heater. Would adding the pool heater be any reason to bump it up to 1HP?

Also, I'd say the pump is 10 years old. Would the same model Hayward pump be a drop in replacement? Have the made any design/dimension changes in the last decade?

As zea3 said, you could probably just replace the seal to fix the leak. However, I think 3/4HP is a little weak for that pool/filter/equip (and it's 10 years old)... it may work, but I think a 1HP or 1.5 HP pump would be much better. If you can afford it, I suggest a new pump.

I currently have a Hayward 3/4Hp super pump that is leaking from the bottom. I'm looking in to having it fixed but just in case I end up replacing it, I'm wondering if I should get the same exact one of different horse power.
The pool is 10,000 gallons. I have a pro grid 36 DE filter.
The 3/4HP does the job but I recently plumbed in a Hayward pool heater that I have yet to turn on so I don't know how the 3/4HP fairs with the heater. Would adding the pool heater be any reason to bump it up to 1HP?

Also, I'd say the pump is 10 years old. Would the same model Hayward pump be a drop in replacement? Have the made any design/dimension changes in the last decade?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.