Bleach price - too good to be true?

May 22, 2009
We stopped at Save-A-Lot (a lot like Aldi's) tonight and found bleach for $1.39 for a 96oz jug. Is that too good to be true? I read not to shop at the dollar stores, but is this one ok?

They also had baking soda for .49 a lb.

Just be very careful. We purchased some bleach from Menards (like Home Depot/Lowes - regionally) at what we thought was a very good price - Chlorox. Anyway, it was OLD bleach and yes it does get old/lose it's potency if not properly stored. 6 big jugs of very weak, almost water strength fluid, Lesson learned. I will stick with the Walmart Ultra Bleach when I need to shock, thank you very much.

You can buy a couple of jugs, and test them out. Test 30 minutes after adding the bleach and if you didn't hit your target or goal, it's a good possibility the bleach has either lost strength or isn't as strong as the label indicates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.