Can I support a metal frame pool with wood?

Dafe

Jun 26, 2016
Stockholm
Hi just bought a new pool. It's a Metal frame pool that i'm digging into the ground. It's been a lot of work since the ground was full of huge rocks. It's an 18 by 12 feet from swim 'n fun. When i started filling it with water it tilted it's unlevel by less then an inch when filled to 4/5. The look of it doesn't bather me that much. But the top ledges can't be mounted togheter because the vertical metal posts have moved.

The reason for this is on one side it sits on rock and on the other side it's a couple of inches packed gravel then rocks. I'm going to build a deck around the pool. The deck will be supported by it self but can I support the metal frame in any way by using the deck? For example having it lean a little on wooden studs?

Or can I use sheet of a non organic material underneath the pool to level it? Like plywood but no organic. After I've emty it.

Thankful for all suggestions.

Martin

Ok, first off, that is the cutest pool ever. Not sure why I think that but it is. It just made me say awe.... lol

Ok, I have a bigger version of that and while I did not install it myself, I watched the install very carefully and took lots of pics (my install thread in my signature below). You need to fix it properly. Mine is buried 21” in the ground and even the dirt on the side walls did not prevent the walls from moving a little while it settled. Do you have any pics of the install that would show us how you set it up and what it is sitting on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.