Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I support a metal frame pool with wood?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I support a metal frame pool with wood?

Hi just bought a new pool. It's a Metal frame pool that i'm digging into the ground. It's been a lot of work since the ground was full of huge rocks. It's an 18 by 12 feet from swim 'n fun. When i started filling it with water it tilted it's unlevel by less then an inch when filled to 4/5. The look of it doesn't bather me that much. But the top ledges can't be mounted togheter because the vertical metal posts have moved.

The reason for this is on one side it sits on rock and on the other side it's a couple of inches packed gravel then rocks. I'm going to build a deck around the pool. The deck will be supported by it self but can I support the metal frame in any way by using the deck? For example having it lean a little on wooden studs?

Or can I use sheet of a non organic material underneath the pool to level it? Like plywood but no organic. After I've emty it.

Thankful for all suggestions.

Martin

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I support a metal frame pool with wood?

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you could post a picture of the current pool installation that will help us give you the answer you need.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

IMG_1299 (1).jpg
    This is how it looks. The 3 closest support posts is about 1 inch out of level. The deck will surround it and covered in wood ledges.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, first off, that is the cutest pool ever. Not sure why I think that but it is. It just made me say awe.... lol

Ok, I have a bigger version of that and while I did not install it myself, I watched the install very carefully and took lots of pics (my install thread in my signature below). You need to fix it properly. Mine is buried 21 in the ground and even the dirt on the side walls did not prevent the walls from moving a little while it settled. Do you have any pics of the install that would show us how you set it up and what it is sitting on?
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator