summer waves pump not enough

Jun 21, 2016
victorville ca
My pool is the style that has pump, skimmer and filter on side of pool wall. It's not doing it's job. I get an accumulation of dirt and dead bugs on pool floor and surface. The only style vacuum that can be used is a venturi style and all that does is stir the water, causing hazy water and add too much more water to the pool. I do not know what pump I need to clear the 4600 gallon pool. What "size" pump is appropriate? Can this pool be easily changed over to another stronger pump? Chem levels are good. Pool is up and running for 10 days, running pump 24/7, testing daily with k-2006, full all day sun in the desert. I rinse the filter daily when I test.

FC 4
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 30

There are adapters available to convert your pool to either an Intex pump/filter set or a regular pool pump/filter. Check Amazon for these.

If you go with the Intex, get the largest they have available.

For a regular pool pump/filter set, check your local swap shop/craigslist for deals on used equipment.

You guys over simplify this by a mile. I have same pool and have used game adapters to convert to intex 2700 sand filter and the pump pulls tons of air so I can't run my filter longer than 2 hours at a time secondary to leaks on the intake side pulling tons of air risking burning my pump up without purging air. I have applied Teflon tape by the the tons and now am upgrading to a Hayward skimmer hoping this will help. Do not be deceived it is not that easy//////

gizmoo, First off Welcome to TFP! So glad to see another FL person on here. I have spent quite a bit of time in your town! LOVE IT!

Second, yes it is that easy. I have to think there is something else going on with your pool and equipment. It could be several things. Tiny holes in the lines? Pump basket top leaking? Water not high enough? Just to name a couple.

I would love for you to send a pic of your set up. Let us see what you are working with. Someone might have an idea or two to help YOU have a TFP!

Kim:cat:

Glad my pics could help. I have hard plumbed in my return since those pics. Here is what it looks like as of this point.
5bb1754688e25233424f3f86614f2ce0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.