Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HI - New Pool IG Pool Build - Riverview Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

HI - New Pool IG Pool Build - Riverview Florida

Hi - Newbie here with a pool build that's about 2 months underway. Screen enclosure measured and hopefully installed this week (fingers crossed) and then the final finish and we'll then have to maintain the beast.

Found this forum to get educated on what I've got myself into. We had AG pool in the past (Chicago area), but now that we are in Florida we are making the jump to an inground pool. I'm going through Pool School now, hoping to graduate soon Getting the various cheat sheets (spreadsheets and calculator links) saved off for future reference.

Info on our pool, free form pool, about 350 sq ft and 850 sq ft for decking (pavers). A couple pics, the 3D rendering and the current condition.

pool3.jpg IMG_20160614_144746.jpg
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HI - New Pool IG Pool Build - Riverview Florida

Hi BobandSherry,
    Welcome to TFP!

Lovely lovely pool and backyard area you have there! I especially like your choice of deck material and pattern. It works beautifully with your mediterranean home and those roof shingles.

Hollar at us if you have any questions!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Beautiful! Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool is basically done, some finishing touches to be made on the outside back wall, acid wash the coping, and then furniture and landscaping. We've been enjoying it. Here's how it turned out.
    20160708_105010~2.jpg20160708_110230~2.jpg
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

5. Back To Top    #5

That is sweet. My wife has always wanted an enclosure for ours as well to keep the Texas-sized mosquitos away. Nice color of plaster through that water. Very Caribbean-like.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

can you tell me what finish and color your pool is? love the color
    thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Skater View Post
    can you tell me what finish and color your pool is? love the color
    thanks
    Sure, it's a Premix Marbletite Marquis Quartz finish, Bluestone color.