Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand New in Cali

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand New in Cali

Hi! My husband and I have wanted a pool for years and things are just now starting to line themselves up. We are hoping to break ground around the third or fourth quarter of this year. We have four kids and a dog. Our house is Cape Cod style with a modern twist. We are looking to build a free-form pool with plenty of lounging area: swim up bar, baja shelf, sports area, and a 5.5 - 6' "deep end"...We are pretty handy people and are going the diy route. We have a blog about diy our second story addition. We've built houses before but this is the first pool build we've done...we describe ourselves as crazy, you can too! lol

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brand New in Cali

Welcome to TFP! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Brand New in Cali

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.