White stuff on swg?????

Yes, that is scale build up on the plates. That cell will need to be removed and cleaned with a diluted muriatic acid solution. I think the ration is 5 to 1 water to acid. And as always, the buildup will be lessened with proper water balances. Got a set of test numbers we can look at?

We set it all up the week before memorial day. We tried to move our old pool to the new house but the liner ripped and had several holes it.. so we got the 22 ft pool. Everything is new.

I run a full set of numbers at the beginning of each month. I'm running a new set now.

Those numbers are good, but the scale on the SWG does not lie. Enter all your test results in Poolmath and it will calculate your CSI score for you. Keep that number between -0.6 and 0 to prevent scale. Tweak PH and TA to adjust it.

More here about Calcium Scaling

Scale on an Intex cell could mean that the circuit whichs reverses the polarity isn't working right. The Rectifier in my first one died, so I adapted the cell to run just using a 12 volt battery charger, I would then manually turn the plug over to the SWG daily to reverse the current and self clean the cell. Last year I installed a DPDT switch on a half hour timer which reverses polarity every half hour. End of season inspection of my salt cell showed it looking in brand new condition.
To help your SWG, once cleaned, bring your FC level up bump your CYA into the 70 - 80 range as per instructions in
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

Looks like I need to balance my pool today.

Is there a link with instructions on how to clean the swg cell on TFP? Intex manual says to use vinager. Will that take the scale off the cell?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would this be a good time to add borates with 20 mule. It will raise pH by 0.77, raise Borate by 6, and raise TA by 14. I was planning on doing it one box at a time anyways. Then I can bring my ph back down to lower ta back to 80.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.