Lazy Man's Pool, the ultimate in Trouble Free Pool :)

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
I love this pool :) I like to be lazy and really happy I have good fill water, as well as those 65 inches of rain a year that can help fix just about anything! This is also a far cry from the weekly, wild swings when still maintained by the previous pool service.

Pool running, but ignored through the winter. Time to start peeking:

4/6 FC 6, PH 7.1, TA 40, CH 60, CYA 40, Borates 15.8

Added a little baking soda, calcium (vinyl but I try to keep at 80 to prevent any foaming), CYA, and more Borax.

4/11 FC 10, PH 7.4, TA 60, CH 80, CYA 60, Borates 47.4

Since then I have added nothing at all, and only tested each weekend. After all this time I still have:

6/26 FC 5, PH 7.4, TA 50, CH 80, CYA 60, Borates 40.5

Perfect "Lazy Man's" pool :) My lawn service even empties my skimmer baskets for me, hehe. I meant to get CYA a little higher, but I am also in an enclosure so it was close enough I haven't bothered. I'll also need to bring TA up again soon since it always slowly drops and PH seems to dive right around 40, but this is just too easy :)

I love this pool :) I like to be lazy and really happy I have good fill water, as well as those 65 inches of rain a year that can help fix just about anything! This is also a far cry from the weekly, wild swings when still maintained by the previous pool service.

Pool running, but ignored through the winter. Time to start peeking:

4/6 FC 6, PH 7.1, TA 40, CH 60, CYA 40, Borates 15.8

Added a little baking soda, calcium (vinyl but I try to keep at 80 to prevent any foaming), CYA, and more Borax.

4/11 FC 10, PH 7.4, TA 60, CH 80, CYA 60, Borates 47.4

Since then I have added nothing at all, and only tested each weekend. After all this time I still have:

6/26 FC 5, PH 7.4, TA 50, CH 80, CYA 60, Borates 40.5

Perfect "Lazy Man's" pool :) My lawn service even empties my skimmer baskets for me, hehe. I meant to get CYA a little higher, but I am also in an enclosure so it was close enough I haven't bothered. I'll also need to bring TA up again soon since it always slowly drops and PH seems to dive right around 40, but this is just too easy :)
Are you saying that from 4/11 to 6/26 you only lost 5ppm of chlorine?

Man, I need one of these 'special' enclosures like you have...... I go through 2-3ppm a day.......

Dom

I am so lazy that my heat pump is still sitting in the box, 6 months later! It happens every time my pool water gets to 84. Nothing. Nothing happens after my pool water hits 84. :mrgreen: :paddle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.