Hi all - I'm a new pool owner and just got my pool opened a couple of weeks ago. The previous owners had not taken good care of the in-ground outdoor 6000 gal pool and it was a LOT of cleanup work to start off (was basically a swamp). After lots of leaf scooping, shocking and backwashing - I'm finally at a place where the water is clear.
what's happened the past few days:
- After repeated shocking of up to 3 lb per day, the chlorine levels were basically non existent (all other readings were good).
- I took a sample to the local pool store on Friday and they advised that I had a phosphate problem because of the amount of hose water added and advised me to use No Phos and leave the filter running overnight
- I woke up to a fantastic blue looking pool on Saturday, although slightly cloudy on the deep end. I shocked again.
- 3 hours later, again chlorine levels were non existent. The pool store said I needed to add stabilizer, which I did, and shocked again. Finally I started to see chlorine levels holding up.
This morning, the good news is that the Chlorine levels have held up. But the pool is no longer the deep blue as it was post the phosphate. It's more teal (not green). Is this OK? Should I be worried that it's not fully blue and is more blue/green (teal)?
Any help is greatly appreciated!