Pentair minimax nt 250 e04 vacuum problem

Jun 26, 2016
Lakeland fl
Hi. This is my first post here but you guys have always been a good point of reference for looking up any information.

I have a Pentair Minimax NT 250. Never had any problems with it and I only use it about 8 times a year. I use it exclusively for heating my Spa. It gives an E04 error code after running for a few minutes. Fan starts but burners don't ignite. Fenwal Ignition board has a single red flashing light (designated as air flow fault on the board). If I remove the hose from the fan assembly and suck for a minute, the burners ignite and the spa starts to heat. Soon as I remove my lips from the hose, the burners cut out and the ignition board has a single red flashing light as before. I've clean the nipples on the fan assembly and on the air pressure switch with a paper clip to no avail. This morning I fitted a new air pressure switch but that made no difference.

is there anything else I can do? Is it worth getting a new flange to see if I can get a better seal ($20) or am I wasting my time and I should buy a whole new fan assembly ($300). The fan runs fine and isn't noisy in any way.

Any help appreciated!
Stuart

Check the squirrel cage on the blower motor and make sure it's intact. Doing what you did on the air tube tells me the air switch appears to be operational so I suspect a bad motor squirrel cage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.