Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: foam pool cove pulled apart leaving about a 1/2" gap, should I be concerned?

1. Back To Top    #1

foam pool cove pulled apart leaving about a 1/2" gap, should I be concerned?

Just wondering if I should be concerned, I have a complete foam floor and foam pool coves. I was passing the vac this morning with a mask and noticed my foam pool cove pulled apart maybe 1/2" and the liner has a slight but noticeable dent. I was thinking it would be easy enough to make a small hole under the rail just enough to stick and plastic pipe and shoot a little spray foam or should I just leave it alone or I really do not want to lower the water level the same water I just paid $800 for and fix the foam. Looking for guidance
    27' Above Ground Salt Water Pool (52"), 67380 Liters

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: foam pool cove pulled apart leaving about a 1/2" gap, should I be concerned?

anyone please? I need advise

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: foam pool cove pulled apart leaving about a 1/2" gap, should I be concerned?

do you mean where two pieces of foam cove butt together? Did you tape them together before installing the liner? I would that if you did, you will be fine even with a little bit of separation. I personally use the foam cove, and then went over that with a layer of "sand" cove, and never have to deal with separation issues.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

4. Back To Top    #4

yes where they butt together it has separated. The foam pieces are taped to the wall of the pool but I guess I didn't compress them together enough at this one point. Its right in the middle of 2 posts. I have 1" of foam on the floor and was thinking I could remove dirt under the rail to the floor foam just the size of the plastic pipe on the spray foam can. I could spray low expansion foam inside the crack.