Wet concrete blocks on above ground pool

Jul 31, 2015
Windham, NH
We are in the process of building a deck around our above ground pool when we noticed the concrete blocks that the pool is sitting on are wet on he back side of the pool. We just recently built the pool and I just started running the filter yesterday. Late yesterday my husband noticed that one of the blocks was a little wet that is the base to one of the columns for the pool. This morning all the blocks for each column along the back side are a little wet. One is especially wet. Any ideas other than a leak? It's a brand new pool with new liner. The water level doesn't look lower.

Thanks

No Condensation along the walls.

- - - Updated - - -

It's only wet just around the footings of the pool that sit on the blocks. Our well is low only because when I topped off the pool water we drained our well and had to wait an hour for it replenish. The entire block is not wet.

Hmm all very good possibilities mentioned so far.

What type of liner is it? Overlap, beaded? Has anyone swam it it yet? I ask because if it is a beaded liner and it's been swam in than there is a good chance that water being splashed about gets up and on top of the bead. That water then drains to the where the bead tracks meet, which coincidentally is right in the middle of every post. The water will seep down the wall and get into the bottom track and drain out onto the paver making it wet.

This is exactly what is happening on ours, several pavers were damp. Initially I panicked thinking we had a leak on our just installed pool! But it turns out that after a day or two of no use and this summer heat that the water dries up. Took me several days of watching people and the water to figure out it was just splashed up water draining out the gaps in the bead receiver.

If you've swam in it than maybe that's all it is on yours as well. Fingers crossed it's not a leak.

Well poo. I was hoping it would have been something simple like that and put your mind at rest. So being an overlap and no swimming yet totally blows my suggestion out of the water.

Let's hope it's the ground water being pressed out from the extra pressure.
Can you see any amount of moisture in the bottom tracks along where the wet pavers are at? Is this wet area close to the skimmer?

It's possible that you just need to tighten up the screws on the skimmer plate. It could have a small leak around the gasket. Any water that seeps out will eventually end up in the bottom track and that can carry the water around to several different spots where it can then escape at each joint and create a damp spot at each area making it look worse than it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.