Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Auto Pilot in Ont Canada?

Auto Pilot in Ont Canada?

Anyone one here purchase the Auto Pilot from the US? I'm thinking of getting the Sc-48 for my 16X32 IG.
    Cheers,
    Terry
    30,000 gallon IG Gunite, 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Pentair Nautilus NS-48 DE filter, 2 skimmers, round 400 gallon spa overflow into pool. Recently added Hayward Swimpure Plus SWG.

According to Canadian regulations, Salt Chlorine Generators HAVE to have the equivalent of our EPA approval called, PCP. Pool Pilots sold throughout Canada must be sold through Lectranator Systems Inc, in Calgary (I think I'm going to be up there in August for some Golf!). www.lectranator.com
    They are our exclusive distributor in Canada. However, they have a dealer network. If you contact them, they can direct you to the nearest dealer in Ontario.

If you purchase stateside, there's a chance that you will not get warranty coverage in Canada. The regulation should be the same with all salt systems.

That's not to say that you cant get it from the US, but know in advance that you're assuming all responsibility in doing so.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    Commercial Products Sales Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

Sean,
    Thx for the reply. I'm not worried about the warranty issues. The unit can be mailed back to Florida if a problem comes up. The cost savings buying in the USA is a huge difference and may well be worth the risk.
    Cheers,
    Terry
    30,000 gallon IG Gunite, 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Pentair Nautilus NS-48 DE filter, 2 skimmers, round 400 gallon spa overflow into pool. Recently added Hayward Swimpure Plus SWG.