New Build in West Texas.

Jun 25, 2016
Lubbock
Hi All,

I'm so happy to have found this wonderful forum which has been very helpful with the process of designing/building our pool.

We are present halfway to completion (I hope!) on our pool with our gunite and plumbing in place, our coping (minus the hidden ledge for the cover) and our tile completed. We are hoping to get our footers poured this week and get the masonry started.

I'm hoping to get some advice/feedback about plaster choices. After much debate, we are looking at the primera stone finish (with abalone) versus a finish like pearl matrix due to texture. We are due to look at some actual pools next week.

Does anyone have primera stone and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 203
You can import your pics to Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code into your post. Also, if you become a supporting member of this forum, you get more space for pics. My thought is that TFP has saved me more money and problems than what it costs to join. Plus, you get a discount on a great test kit, TF-100! And everyone who owns a pool needs a great test kit.

You have a great back yard with a lot of room to do whatever you want! Looking forward to watching your build.

Thank you! We're on an acre and have two large and active dogs who love to run and swim!

Looking good! What part of West Texas and if North Ft. Worth then who is the builder? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in Lubbock. Wreck 'em Tech! :p

You can import your pics to Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code into your post. Also, if you become a supporting member of this forum, you get more space for pics. My thought is that TFP has saved me more money and problems than what it costs to join. Plus, you get a discount on a great test kit, TF-100! And everyone who owns a pool needs a great test kit.

Thanks Marlahoutex! I agree, TPF is a wonderful resource and the pool school is invaluable. I will be ordering my TF-100 and I will definitely be asking for assistance once my pool startup happens!

Excavation and Rebar (slowed down by much needed rain!)

Rebar
IMG_1435_zps9v0qbgz6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1434_zpsxh2vpsst.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1431_zpsrpefnsp7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Gunite
IMG_1449_zpsv8hw1ci5.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1455_zpszbk9hthm.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1450_zpsocdvybjs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks awesome! Surprised how much of the sod is in good condition after the excavation. I had to order 13 palettes of sod to make whole in the end.

Thank you, khandfw! Unfortunately we are going to have to retrofit part of our sprinkler system impacted by the pool dig. Those adjustments/fixes are supposed to happen tomorrow, so we are hoping that the areas affected will be minimal.

The concrete crew started working on the deck prep yesterday. Hopefully they will finish tomorrow and pour concrete after the holiday weekend.

We are still waiting for our tile to be completed--the order our PB placed was shorted and so they did not have quite enough to finish tiling the spa. Hopefully that will be here soon!

Our next step is trying to decide on what to do with the area for the hidden ledge of the pool cover. Our pool builder suggested "blue slabstone" which we saw installed in a pool in the Lubbock Parade of Homes. Its very pretty but significantly lighter than our coping and pavers. Below are the pics in the sun and shade. I'm not sure how I feel about it and would welcome feedback. Also, for anyone else who has this cover setup--what did you do?

Thanks in advance!

Flagstone coping chip on bluestone slab in shade

IMG_1546_zpsmfy4gyhy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upclose view
IMG_1547_zpsukfirpaz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In the sun. It looks much more "beige than blue or gray" and this is supposed to be the same stone
IMG_1545_zpszkeowv7p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the location for the slabstone.
From%20Skitch_zpsraswlcbx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow!! That is going to be a beautiful!! Love that west-Texas-sized space you have!! :)

Thanks Sham! And thank you very much for your help with the primera stone!

Its been a busy week with lots of progress but not much time to post
We had our tile grouted, got our sprinkler system fixed and some trees planted, got our concrete base for our deck poured, and the stone mason has started our planters and rock wall!

We picked dove gray grout to go with our tile and think that it helps the grout lines disappear into the tile, which was our goal.

IMG_1578_zpsocuqnvdw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1575_zpsixnurjot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Our concrete is the base layer for pavers which will be laid on top.
IMG_1573_zpsa9j4nenn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The rock wall is made of the some stone that is on the front of our home. Luckily, when I went out to the rock yard, I learned that this rock also comes in a slab, which solves my dilemma about what to do with the hidden ledge for the pool cover.
IMG_1765_zpscm87cnhx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1766_zps9njjjgl2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We have been waiting to view the primera stone midnight breeze pool plaster with abalone which is in the process of being polished and filled. We had the opportunity to look at primera stone sapphire treasure, which was also beautiful. Hoping to make a decision about plaster color next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.