Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My plug wont get hot

1. Back To Top    #1

My plug wont get hot

My plug to the pump GFCI plug of course that goes into a GFCI outlet wont get hot.
    I believe it may have gotten Houston Rain wet
    Can I dry it out by opening the back or do I just wait?

Many Thanks & Great Days to All

· 4163 gal,AG INTEX® 14' x 42" Round Ultra Frame Pool
    Krystal Clear cartridge Model 637R filter pump
    Many Thanks & Great Days to All
    4200 GAL ,AG, INTEX® 14' x 42" ,SWG Krystal Clear ,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: My plug wont get hot

Welcome to TFP

It may need replaced, GFCI do not like water or being damp.. please turn off all power before doing anything with electricity
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: My plug wont get hot

I live near Houston and mine quite working with all the rain also. I let it dry out and it started working again. I took a 5"dia. x 18" long length of PVC pipe and slid it inside. It now never gets wet enough to trip the GFI. You may have to open it up if it got really wet.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.