Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to pools

1. Back To Top    #1

boiling springs, SC

New to pools

Just moved into a new to me home in Boiling Spring SC and it has a 28000 gal in-ground salt water pool. I also made a post in pumping station for help but I hope this thing does not break my bank account and hope the kids love it. Thanks for having me. Richie

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Re: New to pools

Welcome! If you use the TFP way, you'll be amazed at how inexpensive it can be!

Here's a little reading you can do to get you started!
    Pool School - Getting Started

Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Welcome to TFP, Richie Sounds like your pool is nicely set up already with the salt water chlorine generator. That's going to make things really easy.

The most important aspect of keeping your pool inexpensive to run and healthy is to do your own pool testing. Preferably with one of the 2 test kits we recommend (the TF-100 or the Taylor's K-2006) For a pool as large as yours, I'd suggest the TF-100. More bang for the buck.

I'd also suggest starting to read Pool School, starting with --> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Holler back with any questions that come up

12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.