Inground Pool Light Titled out of Niche

Effers

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Warrenton, VA
Hello.

Swimming in the pool yesterday I noticed for the first time that the pool light is titled out and up at about a 20-30 angle from the niche. The screw is still securing the light fixture. In an effort to fix, I turned off all breakers and jumped in with the handy dandy screwdriver. With pressure on the pushing flush with the niche, I tried to tighten down the screw. It did turn about 1-2 full turns but is now tight. But the light fixture is still tilting away from the niche. Not sure how this happened. I am not aware of the kids yanking on the fixture. Wanted to ask here before I break anything. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Btw, its a Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G LED fixture.

Is the retaining ring bent?

If not do the same thing as before except remove th fixture from before and bring the ring and inspect for damage.

Then reinstall correctly. it should go in correctly. Snug up the screw but don't over-tighten

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.