Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground Pool Light Titled out of Niche

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground Pool Light Titled out of Niche

Hello.

Swimming in the pool yesterday I noticed for the first time that the pool light is titled out and up at about a 20-30 angle from the niche. The screw is still securing the light fixture. In an effort to fix, I turned off all breakers and jumped in with the handy dandy screwdriver. With pressure on the pushing flush with the niche, I tried to tighten down the screw. It did turn about 1-2 full turns but is now tight. But the light fixture is still tilting away from the niche. Not sure how this happened. I am not aware of the kids yanking on the fixture. Wanted to ask here before I break anything. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Btw, its a Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G LED fixture.
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inground Pool Light Titled out of Niche

Is the retaining ring bent?

If not do the same thing as before except remove th fixture from before and bring the ring and inspect for damage.

Then reinstall correctly. it should go in correctly. Snug up the screw but don't over-tighten
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

There's a tab on the bottom of light that needs to be secure before you tighten holding screw

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh, I didn't know/notice there was a tab on the bottom of the niche.
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

@kadavis....thanks for that. Cant believe I didn't notice that but sure enough, loosened top screw and set the bottom and reattached. Winner....