low salt reading due to controller?

coryp

Nov 6, 2007
so, i recently measured my salt at almost 4k, and new that my call hadn't been doing it's best (clean and reading 2500), so i bought a new extended life 940. when plugged it in, i had it remeasure the instant and saved that... and it wound up being 3100. i re checked the salt with my taylor drop kit and got 3600... is this int he realm of normal error, or do i need to be checking other problems?

thanks all

ok, thanks. seems a little closer to 600-700 off(reading 2900-3k this morning), but if the intent is just to get it to come on, i guess i'm ok for now. just seems like i'll be in trouble sooner whit this kind of offset.

so, it seems i'm still having problems, only new ones now. the cell i replaced was a glx (1 year replacement aquarite). the new cell is a 940 (4 year cell) and it's labeled 940swp, for swim pure. i was under the impression the "name brands" were all hayward and were interchangable... is there any reason i'm barely getting any chlorine? i have not changed my CYA, and it's at about 50-60. the old cell (when reading above 2600ppm) was giving me about 8-10ppm at the end of the day, and the new cell, even at 80%, is barely giving me 1ppm(i'm not even certain that this isn't just remnant from 4 days ago when i swapped the cell). is there any possible incompatibility i'm not looking at? also, i have no idea if the direction matters, for 8 years i had installed it with the cable on the inlet side, and the diagram with the new cell showed the cable on the exit side, so i installed it that way this time.

no errors or stem checks and the -25.48V -6.87 amps 3200ppm @ 87degrees.. (-6.7 amps @ 3000ppm)

i'm lost, thanks guys

The volts and amps are good, so it's definitely making chlorine.

Check the percent in diagnostics to see if it matches the dial.

If the instant salt is right, the cell is good.

Try an OCLT.

sorry, what's an OCLT? i have a PS8 (about 8 years old or so). so no dial, just the settings section. i cycled through the diagnostic section and i didn't see any percent display there, only in the settings.

found the oclt, i'll try that. just can't see why the huge jump just from swapping the old cell to the new one...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.