Intellichlor IC40 Cell light flashing after 3 cleaning and inspection

Jun 25, 2016
leesburg
My Intellichlor IC40 is ~4 years old. Low salt light was on last night so I added one bag as usual. Noticed this morning the Cell light started flashing green. Acid washed three times today and the cell light continues to flash. Disconnected the power for >45 minutes to "reboot" the system, no help still flashing. Holding the "more" button indicates I have ~60% cell life remaining. What to do next?

Thanks in advance,
Creek

The salinity sensor can’t be changed. It is a conductivity sensor that is built into the cell.

The Temperature/Flow switch can be replaced, but it is probably not the problem.

The “Inspect Cell” light flashes when the cell cannot maintain adequate chlorine production. This can be due to low salt, cold water or a dying cell. Production stops when the light is flashing.

I would suggest getting the salt level to 3,800 ppm and then trying again. Verify the salt level using the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit.

If the Cell light continues to flash with the salt at a definite 3,800 ppm, you probably need a new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.