QueenKimi

Jun 25, 2016
Gainesville, GA
Hi, my family has just jumped into the swamp removal service. We purchased a house with a 26' above ground pool, not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. My husband wanted to tear it down; his experience with pools were that they are time consuming and wallet draining. Our realtor promised that things have come a long way and that managing a pool is really rather easy. But we didn't know what it meant, regarding the pool, that the owners hadn't lived in the house for 5 years. The pool had a cover on it, with water. It had been closed for winter, but we don't know how far back. We had to remove water from the cover, but as we siphoned the pool also started to drain. My husband decided we needed to take the worn cover off so we could see what we were dealing with (thinking that the equipment we needed to get the pool clean was in the bar as the owner had promised, NOT!).
Not knowing anything about pools, except how to sweep and skim a well maintained in ground pool, I started googling, and getting overwhelmed with all of the different directions to go. But I learned what information was important in making inquiries. I learned that the filter we had was too small for the pool and the pump was too large for the filter. I called a pool service to come out, and they quoted a high price, primarily because all of the debris that was in the bottom of the pool, and now it was becoming a swamp! HE gave me the name of a place to get pool supplies (a janitorial place that had a pool expert on staff). I went and then my long journey of bandaids and set backs started. The pool cover came off Memorial Day Sunday, now it is almost July, and I finally stumble onto this site, which has exactly what I need. No nonsense, simple steps and a living (on demand almost) supportive group to boot . I could give you the long list of steps I have taken so far, but I have gathered by snooping around, that the best thing is to get my test kit in my hands before I go forward. I will save that for Just Getting Started.
Looking forward to a sparkling crystal clear pool very soon.
I have already passed on your site to other pool owners who could really benefit from it.
Thank you,
This is where I started.
image-20160526_174857.jpg

Where I am now, only you need to stand on your head.

image-20160625_130054.jpg