Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What heater do you use?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Quogue new york

What heater do you use?

I like to hear what heater you use and size of pool. I wanted to know how fast does a gas heater get your water temp? Cost to run it.
    Inground 30x60 vinyl W/2 French ends w/sitting spa. Built 2007. 2016 pentair electric 140 heat pump. Pentair VS-SVRS pump. System 3 modular filter SM series S7m120

2. Back To Top    #2

western NY

Re: What heater do you use?

I run a 10 year old 100,000 BTU hayward on a 18' dia pool. I can pull a solid 2 deg/hr in warm weather. Cost is around $1.00/hr based on my nag gas costs. This is not a recommendation on Hayward heaters though as mine is Far from factory stock in the control system area. Modified from my years of working in the heating system business.

As far as time to heat, the basic formula is the BTU output divided by the weight of the water in your pool
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

SW Wisconsin

Re: What heater do you use?

a run a Hayward H250 on a 33' diameter AGP (25,000 gallons) I can go from around 68F up to 81F in about 48 hours, with solar cover on.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump