things behind liner

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
HI
we had a liner pool built last year late in the season.. I am noticing that there are somethings getting between the liner and the pool wall.. they fill like little stones, one is the size of a pea... Was just wonder if anyone has had this problem or was it something they did when they put the liner in.. I am afraid that its going to tear the liner...

Pebbles can't just migrate behind the liner! (think about the amount of pressure the water puts on the liner :eek: )

While they certainly shouldn't be there, they shouldn't cause a problem this season. Talk to the PB and see what he says. A reasonable way of dealing with this is to have them lower the water to ~2'" in the shallow end when they close the pool and untuck the liner and remove all the pebbles, then refill the pool to normal winterized level. This way you have full use of the pool for the season and they can remove the lumps when they're out closing the pool anyway :)

If you had one of the robotic cleaners with the rubber tread, I'd say to address it now, but your Polaris shouldn't wear on the liner like the others would 8)

Rather than pebbles, I suspect it's concrete splatters from when the collar was poured - the reason I asked you to push on them is that I was hoping it was vermiculite splats which would flatten out with a gentle press.

Definitely talk to the PB about this and what they are willing to do to rectify it!

:? All depends on how far down on the wall they are. I was figuring that they were towards the bottom of the wall... but, if they are within the top ~ 12", it'd be possible to get them without lowering much water.

I hope this works out well for you after they come and remove the debris! Until then, please don't allow bathers to 'play' with the bumps 8)

some are more at the top and some are further down the wall... will i have problems with the liner bead if they undo it.. it has never came out of the track. so i hope that i don't have problems later with it coming out...
don't they have to keep some water in the shallow end so it does not float...
thanks for the insight
Jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim, on a new liner, taking it down to ~ 3" in the shallow end will still maintain it being 'set' and you'll have NO problems 8)

With a liner as new as yours, there shouldn't be ANY problems with getting it back in the track after they get the 'pebbles' or whatever out from behind it :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.