Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installation of wall foam around skimmer intake and return

1. Back To Top    #1

Installation of wall foam around skimmer intake and return

I am installing Wall Foam on a new above ground pool. There are no instructions from Gladon or on their web site how to install it around the Skimmer intake and around the return. I am applying it with the spray adhesive. Do I cut the foam out around these areas before I apply the foam or cut it out after applying ect. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Allen
    Swim and Play Deluxe 8000 10x15 Pole Pool above ground. Installing now

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Installation of wall foam around skimmer intake and return

Welcome to TFP

I think most cut it out afterwards
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Installation of wall foam around skimmer intake and return

I was researching the use of wall foam before setting ours up. I believe I read to cut it after you've glued it in place. Also remember reading to cut several inches back from the openings to allow for a tighter seal around the gaskets of the return and skimmer.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -