Another question on correct brush (and ?'s on identifying plaster and stains)

Mar 16, 2014
California
Hi all,

Time to buy a new brush. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Wall Whale (especially now that the King-Fin was recently bought by Valterra and does not appear to be for sale yet). I'm just not sure which Wall Whale to buy.

I have a 12 year old pool with a plaster finish. From previous research on TFP, I know I should not be using an all-nylon brush on my cured plaster finish, BUT I am not sure about whether I should be using a 100% wire brush OR a mixed nylon/SS wire brush for routine brushing.

Also, and I'm not sure if it matters or if "plaster is plaster" in regards to which brush, but I do not know the specific plaster finish of the pool. I have it in my head that it is Diamond Brite, but I'm not sure where I got that from and I can't confirm it. The color is white-ish with blue-ish and gray-ish specks. It is very mottled and streaked, and also has some brown stains.

I haven't been able to remove the stains by using a short wire brush, but they are on the deep end and I can not get good leverage with the current brush (thus the pending purchase of a Wall Whale). SLAM did not work either. I plan on using OCLT and the steps outlined here to try and identify and remove them.

I'm mostly asking about which brush to get, but I'll appreciate any and all tips in regards to identifying the plaster and/or the stains.

Thanks!

Eric

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.