Exterior aerator using water transfer pump

Jun 25, 2016
SURPRISE
I have 14,000 gallon play pool. Waterfall rock feature is the only thing I have for aeration. Each return in my pool rotates on/off, so a simple screw in doesn't really cut it. I found this video, and want to know if anybody has seen or built on of these. It doesn't seem complicated. Looking for suggestions on what pump to use to get this result.

Texas Cools Pools Aerator - YouTube

Thank you!

Hi,
Your thread location is fine.

If you have an inground pool with returns, you can make an aerator out of a few pieces of PVC and a couple of fittings. Then take out a return eyeball and screw in your fountain. You certainly dont need to buy a pump or need a complicated gadget like in that video.

something like this is the idea.
Homemade Swimming pool Fountain - YouTube

or you can just buy a fountain that screws into a return.
Most pool stores carry some sort of them. Similar to this
Flower Fountain connects to your Pool Return

there are also store bought fountains that float around in the pool.
like this one
3-Tier Floating Swimming Pool Fountain - YouTube

Thank you that floating one looks good enough. The problem I have with return fountains is that all of my returns rotate flow. So one return will be one for a minute or so,then it moves to the next, and so on. It's inconsistent for aeration, unless I plug something in all of them, but that's a bit too much imo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.