New Pool Owner

Jun 24, 2016
Lexington, Ohio
I bought an above ground pool from a family friend and I have used it twice in two years. The first year we got off to a late start and before I knew it, it was time to close it. Then last year, my water was beautiful when I opened but I had improperly stored my sand filter and it shattered upon start up.... couple that with lots of rain and no filtration/pumping for a several days and I had a beautiful algae crop. I treated with massive shock and algae inhibitors, but the algae was too much for my sand filter and I never did get it clear. I am trying to open the pool this weekend and I have new sand... I'm debating draining the pool completely and scrubbing it down since I cannot seem to vacuum the sludge off the bottom. Any suggestions???

You can get your pool back into shape by draining or by using a chlorine SLAM (read here: SLAM). You need to post all of the details about your pool to have people here help you though. You will also need the recommended test kit (K-2006 or TF-100) to do the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.