Circupool RJ60 with VS pump

wmmallette

Silver Supporter
Mar 8, 2016
New Albany, Mississippi
The SWG does not have a way to control the run time ... the power should be supplied to the SWG from the same timer as used for the pump.

You just set the % output (which is the % of generating time vs not generating time) and the time controls the on/off.

Sorry to revive an old thread. There a good number of threads on the Circupool SWGs but not a lot on the wiring installation and the Circupool manuals leave a lot to be desired on detaied information.

My question would be, with a VS pump (1.5 HP Superflo VS) that has timer functions programmable within the pump itself, how would I wire the RJ-60+ with it to run when the pump is on?

-Mickey

One option is to install a current sensing relay on the pump power supply that only gives power to the SWG when the pump is running.

Another option, is to put a timer I the SWG to only be on when the pump is on. There is a risk that the timers get out of sync though.

Actually a flow switch is by definition a "fail safe". That's its exact purpose. It's there as a backup safety switch. It should never be relied upon as the primary switching device, but if operating correctly will prevent the SWG cell from being powered with no flow. Like any safety device it should be checked to confirm its proper operation regularly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.