Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to underground pools

1. Back To Top    #1

New to underground pools

I would like to buy a new underground pool but the place that I call, they call me back and said it will cost me 50,000. I'm also redoing my house that will take half of my money is their away to still get an underground pool with work or me doing some of the work for at least 25,000.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to underground pools

There are alot of variables. 25k may be doable if you contract it yourself and/or do that absolute minimum. Pool builders around here advertise under 25k regularly and it would possible in a perfect scenario that fits their exact spec of a 25k pool. That does not include much deck, screen enclosure, footers, removal of anything, fixing yard, only minimal equipment and a pool less than 12,000 gallons.

Your location has something do with it as well. Competition down here in FL is high and that probably helps. My build came to about 45k plus landscaping and I saved some money by self-contracting some of the subs. You can see my build in my signature.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I installed my own (you can read a bit more here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...om-SE-Michigan).

Essentially, you buy a kit, dig the hole, assemble the pool, do your plumbing, put in the pool base (a type of cement), fill in the hole, do your electric, put in the liner, fill the pool, put in a deck and install a fence. The more you do, the less you pay someone else. Start looking at kit prices at RoyalSwimmingPools.com or somewhere similar. Watch this install video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajqPOmxAIPc

It's a big job, but it can be done by someone good at DIY projects. Consider though, that you will have a few hundred hours into the whole project.
    29,000 gallon vinyl liner custom designed lagoon style in-ground pool (self-built 2015-2016), Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump (140K BTU), Hayward Pro Grid DE DE6020 Filter with Fiber Clear, Hayward Tiger Shark, 2 Hayward Color-Logic LED lights, Stenner 45MPHP10
    370 gallon Jacuzzi J-345 spa with ClearRay UV

4. Back To Top    #4

Where in Maryland are you located? Near Southeastern PA/Delaware? I had in inground with vinyl liner installed 3 years ago for $24K. My pool builder was very reliable. I do have one issue with the pool. I've got a pin hole leak somewhere and it has leaked since installation. I lose a few inches a week. Even after 3 years, my pool builder still has not abandoned me and we are in regular contact trying to get this slow leak fixed. PM me if you are in the area and I'll send you their contact info.
    16'x32' Inground Vinyl, 21,100 gallons, Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T 3.1ft Sand Filter
    TFTestKits, Pool School, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, Chlorine/CYA Chart, PoolMath

5. Back To Top    #5

I live in Capitol Heights,MD but I'm looking to install a fiberglass pool. I was hoping to buy one from riverpool. And I hope to get family to help with the rest. Riverpool call me back and said I will pay 50,000 and when I ask about 25,000 pool for my house he told me to call back in a few years, like I said I'm getting my house fix next year and I want a pool is that so wrong.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here in Florida, i did not find that FiberGlass was any less expensive than IG plaster. Not sure about vinyl liner, they are not common down here.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

^vinyl is typically the most economical option and at least in Michigan, can be done for closer to the OPs range.

Veenia, a 25-k budget isn't very realistic for a fiberglass pool and its less amenable to DIY. Why not consider vinyl, which you should be able to afford with a bit of sweat equity? At the end of the day, they all hold water
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains