Confused about FC loss per day

hey there, you should lose less FC a day with a higher CYA level, think of CYA as sunscreen for your water, makes the FC stay around longer :) for us here on OK you may have to be at 40 or 50 CYA..

How much you loose per day will vary from pool to pool. There are a lot of factors involved such as how much shade the pool gets (or not), how much people swim, etc.... Too Much CYA can be as bad as not having enough. So to answer the question with confidence, we really would need to see a full set of test results and know more about your surroundings and pool use.

Generally speaking, with higher CYA, you need to keep your FC at a higher level, but the loss perday may actually be less than with a lower CYA because the CYA would protect the FC from being burned off by UV from the sun.

Knowing what causes FC loss along with observing your own tests and pool use is part of the learing curve. But if you keep reading pool school and reading the forum, in no time you will get the hang of it.

Moderator note - Moved from here . Time saving idea or potential trouble?

I'm having to add 5ppm a day to keep mine up throughtout day. So you would lose more fc raising cya? I'm confused

16x48 intex ultra with intex sand filter 2800

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.