Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused about FC loss per day

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused about FC loss per day

Moderator note - Moved from here . Time saving idea or potential trouble?

I'm having to add 5ppm a day to keep mine up throughtout day. So you would lose more fc raising cya? I'm confused

16x48 intex ultra with intex sand filter 2800
    16x48 AG Intel 5600 Gal. Intex sand filter 2800 gph
    Muskogee, OK

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Confused about FC loss per day

hey there, you should lose less FC a day with a higher CYA level, think of CYA as sunscreen for your water, makes the FC stay around longer for us here on OK you may have to be at 40 or 50 CYA..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

How much you loose per day will vary from pool to pool. There are a lot of factors involved such as how much shade the pool gets (or not), how much people swim, etc.... Too Much CYA can be as bad as not having enough. So to answer the question with confidence, we really would need to see a full set of test results and know more about your surroundings and pool use.

Generally speaking, with higher CYA, you need to keep your FC at a higher level, but the loss perday may actually be less than with a lower CYA because the CYA would protect the FC from being burned off by UV from the sun.

Knowing what causes FC loss along with observing your own tests and pool use is part of the learing curve. But if you keep reading pool school and reading the forum, in no time you will get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolnewbie82 View Post
    Moderator note - Moved from here . Time saving idea or potential trouble?

I'm having to add 5ppm a day to keep mine up throughtout day. So you would lose more fc raising cya? I'm confused

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. Pool is in full sun usually 4 people swimming everyday

16x48 AG Intel 5600 Gal. Intex sand filter 2800 gph
    Muskogee, OK