Today, a Jandy's technician came to my house to troubleshoot issues I had with my SWG. He tested my water and advised me that my phosphate levels were high (500PPM), which I knew, but ignored as all I have read on this forum indicates that as long as my FC is at the appropriate level phosphate was a non issue. My pool water is crystal clear and I have no algae issues. However, the technician advised me to use a phosphate remover as phosphate affects Chlorine production. This is the first time I hear this. Does anyone has any knowledge about this fact? Is this true? and if so to what extend?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am debating if I should use a phosphate remover or just leaves things alone. Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.