Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lost my little blue measuring scoop for Chlroine test

1. Back To Top    #1

Lost my little blue measuring scoop for Chlroine test

Hey guys, was about to do my weekly test of my pool water using my TFTestkit when I realized the little blue scoop for the chlorine test was missing. I have no idea how I lost it, been testing with it for 4 years now. I guess I will have to order a new one. In the meantime, how should I go about testing the water? Is a little pinch good enough?
    20,000 gal, In-Ground (built in 2007)
    Vinyl lining / 1HP Hayward SuperPump / Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter / Hayward Gas Heater / Liquid Chlorine,Bleach (4 Gallon Liquidator)
    Dohney Discovery Robot
    Testing Method: TFTestkits/TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lost my little blue measuring scoop for Chlroine test

See if you can find something like this locally (plastic is better) -

Amazon.com: Pinch Dash Smidgen Measuring Spoons: Sprinkle Dash Pinch Measuring Spoons: Kitchen Dining

Adding extra powder is not a problem, adding too little powder can skew results. I use one of these -

Amazon.com : Taylor Unit Dose Dispenser : Swimming Pool Chemicals And Supplies : Patio, Lawn Garden

But note it only works with Taylor bottles not the bottle of powder that comes with the TF100

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

You can use the end of a pocket knife as a scoop (its what I use), or a half a popsicle stick or anything that's small enough to get a little scoop of powder......
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jgofnj View Post
    Hey guys, was about to do my weekly test of my pool water using my TFTestkit when I realized the little blue scoop for the chlorine test was missing. I have no idea how I lost it, been testing with it for 4 years now. I guess I will have to order a new one. In the meantime, how should I go about testing the water? Is a little pinch good enough?
    Thanks!
    20,000 gal, In-Ground (built in 2007)
    Vinyl lining / 1HP Hayward SuperPump / Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter / Hayward Gas Heater / Liquid Chlorine,Bleach (4 Gallon Liquidator)
    Dohney Discovery Robot
    Testing Method: TFTestkits/TF-100