Where is my baking soda going?

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
I got my test kit on Thursday. I saw that my pH was low at 7.2 (I'd been taking my water tests to Leslie's before this and all this season they told me it was high > 8.0) So I added 2lbs of baking soda per the pool math calculator and let the pump run for a few hous. The next day I retested and the pH had barely budged, so I added another 2lbs. This morning, same thing, barely budged, so I added another 2lbs. Any thoughts as to where all that baking soda is going? Is there some kind of pH buffering going on? Or am I using the wrong chemical? This was my last bucket of Leslie's Alkalinity up, Sodium Bicarbonate

umph... my TA is 90, up from 70 when I tested it a couple days ago... wrong chemical... I was trying to raise my pH. I saw that pH is related to alkalinity in ABCs of Pool Chemistry, and I had this bucket of something called Alkalinity Up, so ... yeah... umph

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.