Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water clarity problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Water clarity problem

Hello,

So I noticed my pool was not clear like it had typically been a few days ago, so I went ahead through the SLAM process. It is a concrete pool, and the CYA is a bit high at around 60 so I had to keep the FC levels around 26 ppm. After doing this for two days and brushing a few times a day, I only had 1 ppm loss from last night to this morning and my CC was only .5 ppm. I think I am in the clear for any algae, but the pool is still not as clear as it really should be. I do have a sand filter so I know it is slower going, and I was thinking about adding DE per the instructions on the site. What I am wondering is if there might be a problem with my sand filter? I know the common feeling here is that you do not ever need to replace sand, but I am not clear on what I should look for here in case I just might need to do so?

Would love some advice/ideas on this?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Water clarity problem

Welcome to TFP

You are all over it, sand will take longer to clear and adding DE will make it go faster.. you can deep clean your filter to get your sand back to really clean

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to TFP

You are all over it, sand will take longer to clear and adding DE will make it go faster.. you can deep clean your filter to get your sand back to really clean

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Thanks for the response, and this actually leads me to another question. I have reviewed this Deep Cleaning process in the past, but I am confused on how to do this on my filter since I only have the up/down open/close valve for my backwash. I do not have a "Rinse" cycle as far as I am aware. How would this change the process for me?

Much appreciated!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I have no idea what filter you have That is why we ask to fill out your signature to help with recommendations Trouble Free Pool
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **