Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to neutralize no drain acid wash

1. Back To Top    #1

Carlsbad, CA

How to neutralize no drain acid wash

We would like to neutralize our no drain acid wash. My ph is 3 and the pool is approximately 7800 gallons.

According to the pool calc I need 268oz of soda ash.

The soda ash container says to not add more than 40oz at a time so should I not just dump it all in? What about aeration? I don't want to turn on the equipment and fry my heater but this seems like the way you would typically aerate...

Should I just add the total 269 and turn on the equipment to aerate? Should I also worry about using baking soda to bring up the TA?

7700g IG pool/spa, Pentair IC20, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Whisperflo (Spa), Mastertemp 400k BTU NG, Pentair Load Center with i7 Personality Kit, Solar Pool Heater, Intellibrite 5g pool/spa, SpaCommand, Waterfall port, Two Firebowls

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: How to neutralize no drain acid wash

Do NOT turn on pool equipment when PH is below 7.0. Soda ash raises PH and TA. It is always best to raise PH in steps. Add, brush, test in 15 minute increments to make sure you don't overshoot the numbers.

More here on pool chems, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach