N/B IG pool/spa/grotto/waterfall/slide start 7/26

Re: New build starting July 1st

- - - Updated - - -

My 3 daughters enjoying the hole, plus my mom and one of our dogs. The girls, along with a few of my neighbors are very excited. I'm wondering how many people will be sneaking into my backyard to go swimming.

Day 2 of excavation has taken place. I think they only have one more day, but not sure as they were gone before I got home from work. Is there anything in particular that I should be checking on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know! They finished with the excavation today. YAY!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If I am getting a SWG pool, do I need the Taylor K-1766 salt test or salt test strips?

Woo hoo! The next stage can start. You think your yard is a mess now but... It's not. Lol. Gunite is super cool and then the messy part comes next with plumbing and electrical.

I got the kit but I didn't think to ask that question?

I'm having a hard time taking pictures of the rebar for the waterfall/slide/grotto or anything else for that matter.

How ironic that I've waited and waited and waited for a pool and now I will not be able to enjoy it once it's done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh no! Well, you can set up a lounge chair on your patio in the backyard and watch them work hehe.

Nice dirt there... no where near as many rocks as up here on the hillside in Rancho. Looks like you're a bit south of the 210 (I spy San Gorgonio off in the distance to the East)? I figured you guys had just as rocky soil there as we do here.

Oh no! Well, you can set up a lounge chair on your patio in the backyard and watch them work hehe.

Nice dirt there... no where near as many rocks as up here on the hillside in Rancho. Looks like you're a bit south of the 210 (I spy San Gorgonio off in the distance to the East)? I figured you guys had just as rocky soil there as we do here.

I think we had pretty rocky soil, a lot more than I expected. You're right I'm just south of the 210 in Fontana.

Just now finding your thread! FUN times! Looks like everything is coming along!

So what in the world did you do to get that???? :hug:

Have your hubby measure everything to make sure it is deep, long, wide, etc enough. NOW is the time to make changes. Tell him to add about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster.

:hug:

:kim:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! OH happy day! Do you know about bonding with it? aka watering it. You can hand water it with the hose or you can set up a sprinkler or two to do it for you. This will help slow down the curing so it will not crack quite as bad. Some cracks are normal so don't worry about that.

Do you have your test kit yet? If not find out what one he will be giving you and let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! OH happy day! Do you know about bonding with it? aka watering it. You can hand water it with the hose or you can set up a sprinkler or two to do it for you. This will help slow down the curing so it will not crack quite as bad. Some cracks are normal so don't worry about that.

Do you have your test kit yet? If not find out what one he will be giving you and let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

I'm so sad that I'm not going to be able to bond with the pool and the hubby just is not feeling the bonding part. Is there any specific areas that I should make sure he's looking at to check on the work?

- - - Updated - - -

I am wondering about this? I'm pretty sure that it's the overfill, but not sure if this is normal.

I'm wondering why my PB is telling me that quartzscapes is more expensive than pebble tec. Has anyone else had this happen? Now I need to look at pebble colors. I'm looking for a bright blue, any ideas?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.