Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do they sell pool brushes that don't have metal ends?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do they sell pool brushes that don't have metal ends?

Hope this is the proper place to post this question since it kind of relates to brushing your pool and preventing algae, but if not, please redirect or move.

Presently, I have a vinyl liner from previous homeowner who told me it's somewhere in the 4-6 year age range. In the corners it is a little "off" from the walls (prior slit in the liner causing water to build up behind it and push the liner around a bit) and as a result if one is using a brush with metal ends on the side, you can potentially gash the liner with enough force.

Therefore, I am trying to find a brush that, rather than having metal on the sides and only the brush on the bottom, perhaps there exists a brush that has a brush on the bottom and curves up around the side (or even better, a brush that goes 360 around).

Does anyone know of a brush beyond the "standard" style that might help in my predicament to prevent gashing my liner when trying to brush in corners and where the wall meets the floor?

Thanks!
    Pool Type: In Ground, Liner. Shape: Free form/kidney
    Size: 32,000 gallons
    Filter/Pump: Brand new (2016) DE Hayward 4820 / Brand new (2016) Pentair VST 2
    Heater: Yes (older)
    Location: NJ. No tree/leaves overhead. Limited shrubs near/over waterfall feature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do they sell pool brushes that don't have metal ends?

Search pool brush vinyl liner on google you will find several
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Search pool brush vinyl liner on google you will find several
    I of course did that before. I only see what I would call standard brushes. Sure they curve up ever so slightly on the end, but nothing like I was hoping for.

That slight curve doesn't seem like it would prevent the top of it from still gashing the liner if it hits it in the right spot where there is only air behind the liner.

4. Back To Top    #4
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes two of those are exactly what I am looking for, thanks will read reviews and order one of them