Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question-need creative minds

1. Back To Top    #1

Question-need creative minds

I lost the drain cap off of my pump's sand tank. Yes, my own stupidity caused me to mess with my pool a few days before realizing this. I'm at the point to start filtering after scooping out all of the crud & of course can't, so am just recirculating. Since it's an Intex pump, the only place to get the part is Intex & they're out of stock. Any ideas of what I can do to modify until they open on Monday so I can inquire with them as to where to find this part? Thanks in advance!
    24 x 52 intex AG round with well water-water has no issues with rust or other contaminants
    2800 GPH Intex sand filter pump
    Located in Missouri

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Question-need creative minds

short of going to walmart and buying another pump.....

Just did a search and this came up, is it a 1 inch cap?
    448-010 - SCH 40 PVC Threaded Cap 1"

they have these at lowes
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks-that looks about right. I did discover a soda bottle cap fits perfectly. Now how to seal it with out it being permanently-ideas for that?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

same size o ring also from lowes or ace hardware
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Or perhaps some Teflon thread tape from the plumbing aisle in your big box store.
    29,000 gallon vinyl liner custom designed lagoon style in-ground pool (self-built 2015-2016), Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump (140K BTU), Hayward Pro Grid DE DE6020 Filter with Fiber Clear, Hayward Tiger Shark, 2 Hayward Color-Logic LED lights, Stenner 45MPHP10
    370 gallon Jacuzzi J-345 spa with ClearRay UV

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, soda bottle with a loom band & electrical tape (my son's idea) failed after a while. I guess I'll call Intex tomorrow. It's been a frustrating pool season-haven't even been in yet!
    24 x 52 intex AG round with well water-water has no issues with rust or other contaminants
    2800 GPH Intex sand filter pump
    Located in Missouri