Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex dual outlet question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex dual outlet question

I'm just getting my 24x52 ultra frame pool set up. It has the dual outlets which connect to a T plunger.

Would it benefit me to get an over the wall skimmer to connect to 1 of the outlets?

Also, how does this affect suction during vacuuming?

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex dual outlet question

Before I modified all of my plumbing, I used the stock Intex over the wall skimmer and the intex vacuum that locks into the skimmer. It was......... adequate. The skimmer came with a small "bowler hat" looking cap to put over the second outlet to increase suction for vacuuming. They are better than nothing IMHO.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

3. Back To Top    #3

Is that what the cap is for? Is this the cap with a small hole in it?

It's supposed to be out over the outlet that doesn't have the skimmer?
    AG Round Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48", 5050 gallons
    Intex 28681EG / CS20110 Combo Sand Filter Pump & Salt Water System
    Intex Auto Pool Cleaner, Intex Wall Mount Skimmer, Intex LED Pool Sprayer
    TF-100, K-1766, Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes that is what it's for. If you unscrew the cover the small cap fits over the screen in the inlet.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

5. Back To Top    #5

I am currently using the over the wall skimmer and have hard plumbed all of my piping.

Be aware that if you use the T-system that comes with the pool, you probably wont get enough flow through the basket if both inlets are open all of the way. You would need to install a valve for each inlet and mostly close the one side that doesn't have the basket to force water intake over the top of the basket. I am using a 4000 gph pump so if your pump moves less water, then the volume of flow through the basket will be even less.

Here is my video showing what I did.

Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

6. Back To Top    #6

After opening the box labeled "pool care kit", I saw that the over the wall skimmer was included. It also had a flow reducer cap to put on the 2nd inlet.

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

7. Back To Top    #7

Good deal. Mine didn't come with all that. The dual inlet is nice in case the strainer basket is kicked, etc. out of the pool (kids kept doing it.). The hose allowed it to move on the pool frame. the second inlet will keep you from burning up your pump if the basket isn't taking in water.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.