Hayward SwimClear C7020 Top Lid Cracked - Leaking

garywi

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Guys, the upper lid is cracked and leaking. Just looking for some feedback on if I should sink more money into this filter as the replacement lid is $500.

I replaced the bottom section two years ago. The 8 cartridges have 3 seasons on them. Thanks!

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

that is a hard decision, that is a big nice filter.. do you have any idea how it is cracking? is your pressure high... if the bottom one cracked and now the top one did the same thing I wonder if it was some kind of defect from the factory that is just now showing up..

pentair does not even have a filter that big, they have the 525 4 filter and you really don't have the room to go with a TR140 sand filter, that thing is huge....

Have you had any issues with the bottom piece since you replaced it?

I don't think I'd throw good money after bad. The Pentair Triton series filters are quite popular and we have few reports on the forum of major problems with them.

Your pump is actually too big for your pool so you must get a filter that will handle what that pump puts out. On the label of the pump, there is an "SF" or "service factor" value. Something like 1.0 or 1.2. Tell us what that number is. What is your clean psi?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.