Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward SwimClear C7020 Top Lid Cracked - Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward SwimClear C7020 Top Lid Cracked - Leaking

Hi Guys, the upper lid is cracked and leaking. Just looking for some feedback on if I should sink more money into this filter as the replacement lid is $500.

I replaced the bottom section two years ago. The 8 cartridges have 3 seasons on them. Thanks!

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hayward SwimClear C7020 Top Lid Cracked - Leaking

that is a hard decision, that is a big nice filter.. do you have any idea how it is cracking? is your pressure high... if the bottom one cracked and now the top one did the same thing I wonder if it was some kind of defect from the factory that is just now showing up..

pentair does not even have a filter that big, they have the 525 4 filter and you really don't have the room to go with a TR140 sand filter, that thing is huge....

Have you had any issues with the bottom piece since you replaced it?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. I have found other postings where these pieces crack. I guess it could be the Arizona dry heat. No issues with the bottom since replaced. My pressures are fine.
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I don't think I'd throw good money after bad. The Pentair Triton series filters are quite popular and we have few reports on the forum of major problems with them.

Your pump is actually too big for your pool so you must get a filter that will handle what that pump puts out. On the label of the pump, there is an "SF" or "service factor" value. Something like 1.0 or 1.2. Tell us what that number is. What is your clean psi?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Dave. My clean PSI is 30. See photo. My SF is 11.0-10.2/20.4?

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg