Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa draining while polaris is running?

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa draining while polaris is running?

We just got our pool up & running (haven't eve been in it yet!), and after a fwe hours of the polaris running, I noticed the spa had drained almost a foot. The company that opened for us drained it yesterday to reinstall the drain covers, so I don't know if they left something in the wrong position? We're pool newbies, so we have no idea what's going on. Thoughts?
    Inherited 30k gal IG gunite black bottom pebble w/ waterfall & attached spa, built 1993ish; Pump: Pentair Intiliflo VS pump; SWCG: Pentair IC60; Filter: Pentair FNS Plus 60 SQFT DE; Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 400,000btu; Robot: Dolphin Nautilus Plus; Waterfall Pump: Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP; Testing: TFTest Kit TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa draining while polaris is running?

Does your spa have and overflow/waterfall that goes into the pool?
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, there's an overflow from spa to pool
    Inherited 30k gal IG gunite black bottom pebble w/ waterfall & attached spa, built 1993ish; Pump: Pentair Intiliflo VS pump; SWCG: Pentair IC60; Filter: Pentair FNS Plus 60 SQFT DE; Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 400,000btu; Robot: Dolphin Nautilus Plus; Waterfall Pump: Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP; Testing: TFTest Kit TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure it's related but worth noting, during our pool inspection when we bought the house, the inspector told us our actuators were broken and had to be turned manually. I've always assumed that just involved the heater (to isolate the spa), but I'm probably wrong.

5. Back To Top    #5

Also, there's no draining when everything is turned off (so I don't think there's a leak) or when just the pool filter is running. It seems isolated to when we try to use the Polaris 280.