KarenMatt

Jun 24, 2016
Santa Barbara/ca
Well, surfing around the net for a few hours looking for a life raft for our problematic pool issues! So glad to bump into your site! I am trying to learn about pool maintenance better late than never! We've been pool owners eight years now and really just putting band aids on issues instead of doing the work to learn how to maintain the pool correctly. My husband travels now for work so I am trying to find a book, advice, listen to the pool store people...ugh! I'm taking notes on pool terminology, and trying to figure out how to create a weekly routine for chemicals instead of waiting until we have problems. We love having the pool! Time to pay attention and learn from your great group of people!!! I'm very happy to have found you all! :cool: Kk

Welcome to TFP.

If you want to learn, you've come to the right place.

We reccomend getting a good test kit, not taking your water to a pool store for "free" testing. We feed our pools only what they need. Read up in pool school (link at top of page) and post questions as you go. We are friendly and you will find no shortage of help if you choose our way of testing your own water and balencing simply with common everyday chemical that don't have the high price tags of the glorified baking soda at the pool store.