Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: KarenMatt

1. Back To Top    #1

Santa Barbara/ca

Well, surfing around the net for a few hours looking for a life raft for our problematic pool issues! So glad to bump into your site! I am trying to learn about pool maintenance better late than never! We've been pool owners eight years now and really just putting band aids on issues instead of doing the work to learn how to maintain the pool correctly. My husband travels now for work so I am trying to find a book, advice, listen to the pool store people...ugh! I'm taking notes on pool terminology, and trying to figure out how to create a weekly routine for chemicals instead of waiting until we have problems. We love having the pool! Time to pay attention and learn from your great group of people!!! I'm very happy to have found you all! Kk
    Our pool is 15x30x8 rectangle in ground pool. It's a plaster pool, we have a new pool heater and keep the water at 89 degrees. We cover the pool with a plastic blue blanket at night.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Re: KarenMatt

Welcome to TFP.

If you want to learn, you've come to the right place.

We reccomend getting a good test kit, not taking your water to a pool store for "free" testing. We feed our pools only what they need. Read up in pool school (link at top of page) and post questions as you go. We are friendly and you will find no shortage of help if you choose our way of testing your own water and balencing simply with common everyday chemical that don't have the high price tags of the glorified baking soda at the pool store.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.