What do I need for Maintenance?

May 13, 2009
Lexington, NC
Getting ready to install new aluminum above ground as semi-inground. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before pool arrives. Didn't come with a maintenance kit, so wondering what the basic necessities are as far as cleaning tools go? I plan on getting a Robo Kleen, so trying to figure out if I'll still need a regular vacuum. If so, how long of a hose and what shape of head? Also, will I need a leaf skimmer and a deep bag leaf rake or will one suffice. What about a brush? Thanks for your input.

all of the above, they are the basic maintenance tools.that you will need at one point or another. It's better to have them if and when you need them then not have them at all, IMHO. If you get a lot of leaves in your pool you might also want a leaf eater.
With a vinyl pool you need a brush head vacuum. Look for one that does not have a brush directly along the front esge but rahter, has two brushes angles toward the vacuum hole. The hose should be a few feet longer than the longest lenth from your skimmer or vacuum port so you can vacuum all the pool without problems. Some skimmers also have vac plates available. While not necessary they are useful.
Leaf rakes and skimming nets do different things and you really should have both on hand. You are gong to find that you use the skimming net a lot.
A brush is also a necessity. You want a nylon or polyester one for a vinyl pool and get the best pole you can find. It will make a difference! Don't buy the cheapest, they won't last. Don't buy the most expensive either...you are not taking care of 50 pools!
Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.