I feel compelled to thank everyone on this site for their guidance. I'm in year two of pool ownership. Let's just say last year was a complete disaster full of many trips to the pool store, many confusing tests from the same store, and much (I now realize) unnecessary purchases of algaecide, salt, and shock. I suffered through algae blooms all season, and didn't understand why it was happening. I kept shocking to just keep things at bay, but when I say "shock", I mean I poured one bag of shock into my pool once a week. I was completely clueless.
Fast forward to this year, and I've turned into a complete chem-nerd thanks to all of you. I got my TF-100, and I test religiously. And I can say that my water is near perfect! Crystal clear, no signs of algae, and I feel fantastic knowing where my levels are, and that they're where they should be!
I just wanted to thank everyone for this... I'm having fun now, and enjoying my safe, clean pool thanks to all of you.