Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you! (Wasn't Sure Where to Post This!)

1. Back To Top    #1

Talking Thank you! (Wasn't Sure Where to Post This!)

I feel compelled to thank everyone on this site for their guidance. I'm in year two of pool ownership. Let's just say last year was a complete disaster full of many trips to the pool store, many confusing tests from the same store, and much (I now realize) unnecessary purchases of algaecide, salt, and shock. I suffered through algae blooms all season, and didn't understand why it was happening. I kept shocking to just keep things at bay, but when I say "shock", I mean I poured one bag of shock into my pool once a week. I was completely clueless.

Fast forward to this year, and I've turned into a complete chem-nerd thanks to all of you. I got my TF-100, and I test religiously. And I can say that my water is near perfect! Crystal clear, no signs of algae, and I feel fantastic knowing where my levels are, and that they're where they should be!

I just wanted to thank everyone for this... I'm having fun now, and enjoying my safe, clean pool thanks to all of you.

Cheers!

0617161324 (1).jpg
    / 24k Gal, 18x36 Freeform IG Vinyl Saltwater / Sta-Rite MPRA6E-205L 1HP Pump / Sta-Rite System:3 Cartridge Filter / IC-40 SWCG / Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner / TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir / Taylor K-1766 Salt Test /
    Useful Links: Recommended Levels / SLAM / FC/CYA Chart / Test Kits Compared / Edit Your Signature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thank you! (Wasn't Sure Where to Post This!)

First question ... what hotel resort is that picture taken from? Beautiful shot and crystal-clear water. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Thanks for sharing.

I love to see this kind of post. Pool care isn't rocket science, it's just about learning to test and feed your pool what it needs.......not what the pool store needs to sell. AWSOME that you've found your happy spot and can enjoy it.

Feel free to contribute to this site that has no advertisements and has probably saved you tons of money at the pool store.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    First question ... what hotel resort is that picture taken from? Beautiful shot and crystal-clear water. Thanks for sharing.
    Haha, thanks! Yes, we truly love it. Especially this year!
    / 24k Gal, 18x36 Freeform IG Vinyl Saltwater / Sta-Rite MPRA6E-205L 1HP Pump / Sta-Rite System:3 Cartridge Filter / IC-40 SWCG / Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner / TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir / Taylor K-1766 Salt Test /
    Useful Links: Recommended Levels / SLAM / FC/CYA Chart / Test Kits Compared / Edit Your Signature

5. Back To Top    #5

We like these posts in any forum! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Agreed...that looks amazing! It's awesome how well the TFP method works. I have no idea what I would do without this forum.
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink