Jandy OneTouch

Jun 22, 2015
Chester, VA
Hi!

I have a Jandy One Touch remote that hasn't been working properly. The display is blank except for a couple lines horizontally through it (sometimes blank with no lines). I've recently found that if its unplugged for awhile or turned off then turned on (when the pool repair guy is there) it turns on just fine so they think nothing is wrong and test it and works perfect! But it doesn't stay like that, maybe 10-15 minutes or until the pool guy leaves and its a blank screen again lol!! The orange power light comes on when its on. It still seems to control it by the programming Ive had in it even though its blank.

Any ideas?
2016-06-05 13.38.12.jpg

I have a laptop that does the same thing, the backlight is dead in the screen, the box itself works you just can not see anything.. I "could" change the laptop screen but I do not think you can "change" that screen out...

I take that back, it looks like you could change out the LCD screen, this company will do it for 650, a new one is 900 on ebay and there is a used one for 49, not sure if you could change the LCD screen out yourself..
We Can Rebuild Your Jandy Aqualink Wireless OneTouch Desk Controller 8277 | eBay

Would the LCD be bad if it does display sometimes? After being off for awhile the display will come on maybe 5-10 minutes.

I noticed today that while it was off and plugged in the little light bottom right was orange... then after I turned it on (it worked) and checked back later (wasnt displaying anything) the red light was red and blinking. I didnt notice it before. Could it be a battery or something?

there is one thing you can try, take it to a cell phone/ apple phone fix a screen shop, there everywhere saying we will fix your screen... they can get all kinds of screens and maybe they can fix it :)

Had the exact same system/issue. A new battery pack fixed it for a couple of years and then battery went out again ( they are nicad vs. lipo or other more long lasting designs). Seems when one cell goes bad, the voltage drops causing the lines and blinking.

Considering the cost of a replacement of batteries every few years and how slow the unit responds, just upgraded the control to a iaqualink (~$450 a few years ago IIRC). Now your phone and ipads are the controller so not more one touch repairs. Much faster response, can run your pool from anywhere in the world, and Much nicer color interface screens! Its a pretty simple install and I had mine finished in a couple of hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.