Breakpoint chlorination

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, time to ask- where did you buy this chlorine from? Are you sure its fresh?

Next time, put in the 4 that you need (or however much it calls for) and test again in 10 minutes time. Just test the FC and the CC and report back.

I got the chlorine at the local pool store. Bottle said good thru 5-2017. I'll have to get some at grocery store tomorrow am. The pool is very clear but I'm stressed out because we are leaving for vacation for a couple days on Saturday and friends use our pool and I don't know if it is safe.

The pool store stuff ought to be good with that date on it.....hmmmm... could it be a testing error?? (sorry- have to ask!)

How comfortable are you performing these tests? You have the Taylor-K2006 test kit, right?? I don't know of a #2600 kit.

I assume the kit is a K-2006.

Assuming the testing is correct and the bleach is really bleach, you just need to add more FC ... it is being consumed by something.

There is no reason the pH should have gone down from adding bleach, so that is strange.

Earlier in the week I added 5 bags of burnout from bioguard. Not using anymore. I did see a previous thread where a guy that did the same as me had a similar ph. I've turned my pool slide. Do I correct the ph problem now? My water is crystal clear that is what makes this harder. When the attached hot tub is running it is very irritable to eyes/throat. A couple people have talked about burning eyes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.